Sunday, December 2, 2007

Enough!


Okay, enough excuses why I haven't updated in awhile I'm just lazy or tired or both! My husband told me tonight for the umteenth(really a word?) time that I need to update the blog. Apparently what I need to do is show him in all his infinite wisdom and extra time how to update the blog:) Well I'll start with the annual camping trip that my sister's family and Luke and I take each fall with my dad and Judy. We missed last year because they were in the process of purchasing a new camper. So we went to Huntsville State Park and had a great time! It was really cold at night that weekend so that made it even better. Luke and I stayed with my dad in his trailer(which is like a little miny hotel). My sister and her family have the camper that we used growing up. They have refirbished it and adapted it to their needs and it never looked better.


Here is a not so great pic of it as well as Uncle Don and his brother and some child I can't quite identify.





The boys played in the dirt, rode bikes, played in the dirt, ate, slept, played in the fire and then played in the dirt again!

The boys made a huge dirt pile and then plowed through it with their monster trucks of course!








The kids played at the park that we played at as kids. It so surreal to see my child and nephews do the things that I loved doing during my childhood.

Here are Luke and Cam at the park that my sister and brother and I spent many an hour playing at.





My dad took all the kids out on my Uncle Bill's john boat. As Sally and I pushed Grampa, Luke and Cam out into the lake we both realized that this was the first time our boys have ever been on a boat! I guess a boat safety talk should have happened first. It turned out well, my dad said they kept hanging out trying to touch the lily pads, but no one fell out!







Here they go, they look so excited to be out on the water!










Well I'll wrap this trip up with some pics of the big kids(Trav and Maddie) and some pics from the park and then move right into Halloween, oh yes I said Halloween.








Look a boat full of happy campers(had to use that)!

The boys at the pavillion.

Sissy and Cam.












Trav, getting so big!





Cam was almost to fast for me!



The boys riding off into the sunset! It was a great weekend!
I'll do Halloween tomorrow, if I'm not too tired, lazy, busy or choice D (all of the above)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Love the pictures! I remember that park as well. Many nice memories.

danalafargue said...

How fun!! I can't believe he is getting so big. He looks like such a big kid standing in the swing :-) Kiss him for me.