Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Tooth Fairy cometh tonight!

Luke finally lost his first tooth! I have to tell you it was quite the ordeal. I swore he was going to graduate college with that thing dangling from his mouth! He refused to let me near it, so I had planned to pull it during his nap. My mom told me how cruel I was and then I made him show her his tooth as it swayed with every breath he took. She agreed and after lunch we cornered him in his room and shut the door. He was very preoccupied with his DS and didn't pay us any attention. I put on a rubber glove (for traction) and then said, "Luke you know Mommy loves you right?" He replied, "yeah......", that would be when he noticed Nonna was also in the room. He threw down the DS in horror and started screaming. I felt a twinge of guilt but when I saw the swaying tooth it was gone. My mom told him he was going to swallow it if he didn't let me pull it. He finally relented and opened his mouth. All I had to do was pluck it out. I showed it to him and he was so excited. The blood freaked him out a little but it was nothing a Dreamcicle couldn't fix. That's my new mantra, Dreamcicles fix everything messy and unpleasant! We are having a ball in Houston and Lynn Stokes is coming to dinner tonight, I'll be glad to see my friend!



2 comments:

Becca said...

FINALLY!!! Good job Mom!! I will be calling you when Ella's first loose tooth is dangling!! Congratulations Luke! Aunt Becca loves you and your blue mohawk! :o)

danalafargue said...

Great job to everybody! I'll be calling you for courage when my time comes, too :-) Maybe Luke will be able to give Camryn some words of wisdom :-) And the mohawk is TOOOO funny! Give him lots of love from Ms Dana!