Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Build a Bear and Uncle Julio's

Happy Birthday Rileigh! Today was Rileigh Grimes'6th birthday and party at Build A Bear at Grapevine Mills Mall, or as my friend Paula calls it "Bilk Another Buck"! It is expensive to go in there with your child, I'm glad Luke is happy with "naked" animals. As you an see from the photo all the girls had sparkly shirts, beds and leashes for their pets. Luke is holding his naked penguin and he was happy to get it! They had a great time and it was a lot of fun.

The kids had fun "waking up" their pet before stuffing it full of "cotton". They did really well waiting their turn to push the foot pedal and bring their pet to life.
Here is Luke bringing Cody to life, his heart felt out onto the floor but Luke just picked it up and stuffed it back in:) Lucky us it already had a sound chip in the foot so we got to hear Cody talk all the way home, it was a 45 minute drive YEAH!
We ended with a cookie and present opening and fun was had by all. Luke and I stopped and watched the big boys ride skateboards at the indoor park before we left. He can't wait to be old enough to do those moves. I can wait, boy can I wait!

Luke was in awe of how fast those big boys went and how hard they fell. I told him he needed to practice at home before he comes to skate here. He told me his Daddy was right that they did not have couches to hold onto at the skate park like he has at home:) You'll have to take my word how great he is on carpet and holding onto the couch working his "moves".


Tonight I went to Uncle Julio's in Ft. Worth with some of my girlfriends from school. Becca and Sam are moving on and so we all go together for dinner. The nice man who took the photo was kind of far away and it is hard to see us!

Here are Lisa, Sam, and Becca. You can't even tell Becca feels like yakking up her dinner can you? She has evening sickness, she always has to be different!





Here are Leslie, Stacy and yes that's Lisa again, she can't stay out of the lime light she likes to show off her cleavage. Now Stacy had her first beer in 10 months(just had a sweet little girl) we were pulling her off the rafters by the time we left!

Here is Tracie who after 12 years of teaching first grade has finally been promoted to second grade! We are so happy to have her, not as happy as when my second drink came but pretty happy! We had a great time and hope to make this a monthly occurrence. I'm not breaking that to Matt just yet! Have a great Friday and look for updates next week!

1 comment:

Becca said...

What a fun night! I am almost over the fact that you all drank and I couldn't! :o) I was fighting back tears when we left...don't forget about me!! Love you!