Thursday, August 2, 2007

Retreat and a treat!

I don't know why it looks so yellow but here is my team this year! Well, Gary is not in the picture but this is most of my team. We had our retreat which was only a day this year at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. It was very nice and I really enjoyed getting to see my friends again. My team is SO different this year. Becca and Sam are gone and my friend Tracie is moving up from first grade. Stacy is coming back and has had a baby girl and Lisa is back and I'm so glad for that. It will be different but change is good right? I'm not good with change but we will see! So..... Becca stayed with Travis and Luke for the day and they went swimming at a friend's house. They were good for her and I was glad for that! She has updated her blog with her first ultrasound so check it out if you get a chance.
Luke talked his Aunt Becca into reading the Sponge Bob book that makes sounds, Mommy always says no, so that was a treat! FYI, Half Price Books pays some good money for those books that make noise:) Travis was addicted to his Webkinz site and only got up to get a fudge round to eat. Found out later that Aunt Becca okayed an Oatmeal Creme Pie for breakfast Wed. she claims it does have oatmeal and counts as a breakfast food!

Here he is feeding his addiction, I feel guilty letting him play so much but he sure is quiet:) He did get off to watch TV and go to sleep!

He opted to sleep in Sponge Bob when Becca spent the night. The boys were so tired they went right to sleep.

Today we had lunch with Becca and went to the mall, so those were our treats. The boys had a good time at the mall, they take after me. Trav got some scull and cross bones for his crocs and we bought Rileigh Grimes a Webkin for her birthday next week, I want to pass that wonderful gift on to as many parents as I can. We ended the night at El Arroyo, that was my pick and a trip to Bruster's ice cream. It is the best! Thursday is bring your own banana and get a banana spit half off! No... I did not bring my own banana but......... I did get a banana split! We are going to see Under Dog in the morning so say a prayer for me. Have a great Friday!


2 comments:

Becca said...

Yea! Pictures of me!! :O) I am so sad that I will not be part of the team this year. Just promise me that I will always be an honorary memeber!! I had a blast with the boys and Sally, I have NO idea what she is talking about with the breakfast thing. I don't even know what oatmeal cream pies are!! ;o)(Isn't that what "aunts" are for?) Thanks for letting me hang with the boys!
Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Fudge rounds and oatmeal cream pies, sounds like Trav at my house. I'm glad you're not letting him drink coffee and stay up all night on webkins. How can I get you back for this webkin situation I'm now in??? Cam did come home with a few extra manners he did not have when he left. Can't wait to see my Trav today!!!
Sally