Sunday, September 30, 2007

The big 40, H lunch and a new fence!

I have a lot to catch everyone up on tonight! It's been two weeks since my last blog(sounds like a confession) but that clip of Luke dancing is too cute to bump! Well my wonderful husband hit the big 40 a couple of weeks ago and has lived to tell about it! It kind of freaks me out to know that in ten years my husband will be 50! I know I'm getting ahead of myself but GEEZ! where does the time go!? Matt really wanted to spend the day with his kids so he took Maddie and Luke out of school(I'm a bad parent/teacher:) and took them to see the drag races in Ennis! They had a great time. Maddie got John Force's autograph before his wreck and Luke had a great time just watching all the cars! They were all exhausted that night, but not too tired for cake!


Of course it was an ice cream cake from Bruesters and it was delicious! We didn't put candles on it because we didn't want it to melt under so many flames!



Last Wednesday Luke's kindergarten class had "H" lunch which is a lunch with only H foods! I was able to sneak out for a few minutes and go up and surprise him at school. That is the one downfall of being a teacher, you don't get to do all the fun days with your child, so I try my best to go when I can. Here are a few pics from his class. The first one was while they were still doing class work and he hadn't seen me yet, if only my kids would sit and work like these little guys!








They were finishing up practicing the number 3. They had to draw three trees and it was quite the contest to see who's trees didn't look funny:)

They enjoyed tasty foods such as hashbrowns, hushpuppies, hamburgers, hard boiled eggs(not a favorite), ham sandwiches, Hi C punch, heart shaped cookies and Hersheys candy bars(BIG FAVORITE)! They were pretty good about at least trying everything except maybe the eggs!









Mommy was so glad to get to visit during this special lunch! One of us was very sad to say good bye, but I was a big girl and went back to work anyway!

This weekend we(and I mean Matt here) put up a fence! My dad must have gotten wind of our plans early because he was sure to be out of the state this time! We had some great laborers show up though and pick up his slack! The fence was torn down on Friday, Matt worked by himself Saturday putting in the posts and today we had Cody, Robbie and Jason come over to finish the job!








This is what it looked like Sunday morning!

Here go the boards! Luke was counting them and then reporting to Tracie and me on their progress!


Matt has Luke building his own play set, we are big into making our child accountable for his own happiness!




Yeah the finished product! We no longer have to hold our breath when the wind blows and hope it won't fall down! A HUGE thanks to all our friends who gave up their Sunday to help out! We are so lucky to have such great friends in our lives. I wasn't feeling my whole self this weekend but by the end of the night I was just happy to have spent time with my friends. It is so easy to get caught up in life's little hiccups, and you forget how lucky you are that God has blessed you with so many wonderful people in your life! Here are two pretty cute blessings!

Allie Grace who thinks Luke hung the moon and he is happy to oblige her every desire!





Andrew Shea who is a Cody mini me!
Thanks to my wonderful husband who with putting up with me, and putting up a fence managed to smoke some awesome ribs for the workers too! I love ya Babe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew! I'm worn out just reading all of this. The fence looks great. Matt you and the guys did a good job. I wished I could have stayed for those ribs.

I can't believe that October is here. I'm looking forward to the Halloween pictures. I heard someone is going to be Darth Vader! Love, Mom/Nonna

Anonymous said...

yes, it may worry you that in 10 yrs I will be 50 but you will be 45, now that is something to worry about.

To Cody, Robbie and Jason, I can not tell the three of you how much I appreciate the help you provided.
Once again, thank you. Matt

Anonymous said...

1 Cameron travis why did becca hit the kids? luke are you Building a house for me?

Becca said...

Cameron and Travis,
I PROMISE that the kids thought it was funny! It was a very soft ball and it was an accident, the first time. :o) I miss you guys! I hope you come and visit soon and I promise not to hit you in the head! :o)