Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Cameron comes home!

Cameron Comes Home!










Well Cameron finally came home today! For all of you who don't know, Luke's cousin Cam went into Texas Children's last Thursday July 12th for pneumonia. He was there six days and was a very brave boy. Luke and I came to Houston on Monday to help take care of him.

As you can see Luke was happy to share in the amenities Cameron was enjoying in his "suite". I think they drove the nurses nuts pressing the call button to ask for Popsicles, ice water etc. We spent Monday and Tuesday with him and I have to say Texas Children's is an awesome facility. My sister told me how wonderful the staff was and I was able to find out myself when I had to valet park today on the other side of the hospital. Everyone I asked help from (and there were quite a few) was so accommodating and pleasant.



Here are some of the wonderful staff that Cameron came to know and love. Chris was his head charge nurse and he was great with Cameron. They compared Crocs and he always made Cameron laugh. The lady and I can't remember her name, was his respiratory therapist and she was impressed with how Cameron could tell her all about healthy foods. Of course all Cameron eats are chicken nuggets and rice, but he does know about healthy foods:)



We went on a little "field trip" before he was released today down to the food court to have some Chickfila nuggets! The boys loved being pulled around, and Aunt Sally treated them to a little shopping spree in the hospital gift shop.


When we got back to the room Cam got his IV out and was such a brave boy! We loaded everything up and headed out! The boys stopped by the train center for one more look before we left and we all headed home!




I was talking to my friend Susan today and I told her that the one thing I have taken from all of this is how precious a healthy child is. Walking around that hospital and seeing how many chronically and serious ill children there are, made me realize how lucky I am. I complain about how much school uniforms cost or having to get up early for a Saturday t-ball game, but I am so grateful for my healthy child. I have seen some close friends lose their children to illness and accident and I am remind how precious life is. So hug your children, love your children and say a prayer for those who aren't as lucky as we are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tammy
Thanks for the update. I talked with your mother tonight and she said Cameron had gone home today. I loved the pictures. Luke seems to really have enjoyed seeing his cousin and the fun he was having now that he was feeling better. I enjoy reading your page. I will have knee surgery next Wednesday so keep me in your prayers.

Love
Aunt Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am so, so glad that Cameron "boy" is home! Thank you for all the updates. I am really enjoying the blog :-) As always, kiss my boy for me and take care of yourself down there.
Dana

Becca said...

Yeah!! I am so happy that Cam is home and I know he is too! Give my boys hugs for me!
Love,
Becca